Organic vegetable gardening seems to be the trend these days as more people have become conscious of what they are eating. This is because conventional methods which involve the use of harmful chemicals may enter our systems.
• In order to control the problem, the Malaysia Ministry of Agriculture has issues a new directive. Thisencourages farmers to shift to organic farming.
• But the main reason why organic vegetable gardening is so important is the fact that the crops harvested have 50% more nutrients and vitamins compared to that of conventional farming methods.This means the food they consume will reduce the risk of people suffering from a number of diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and certain cancers.
• You can buy organically grown vegetables from the supermarket. The sad part is almost everywhere you go, although the packaging comes from Department of Health, Quality Assurance International, Malaysia Certified Organic Farmers or the FAMA Farm Verified Organic, most of these are only 50% to 70% organic.
• This is why homeowners who want to eat 100% organic vegetables are encouraged to grow these themselves.
• There is no doubt that organic vegetables and other products are important these days. If you value your health and those of your family you can buy these from the store or plant it yourself.